UXUI Designathon 2015
I was selected to participate in the UXUI Designathon 2015 conducted by Unicom over the weekend.
This weekend event was spread over two days:
Design Con – 24th April 2015
Designathon – 25th April 2015
After the first round of quiz on User Experience Design & Experience Thinking, User Experience Research, Experience Mapping, GUI Interaction Design, Mobile User Experience Design, Usability Testing Visual Design for User Experience and User-Centered Analysis and Conceptual Design, the top 30 performers from 2364 participants from 438 companies and institutions all over India were invited to participate in the next round.
The Designathon was conducted by Ted Kilian – Chief UX Officer, Brilliant Basics.
- The teams in the final round had 5 members each and worked on building a solution to the travel and transportation problem to make a smart city.
- Various solutions were presented by the finalists and 8 other participating teams.
- My team consisted of design graduates, art and design diploma holders and a graduate in fine arts who were working as UI UX experts in their respective companies and me.
- We designed a solution to make travel safer by helping users build trust with their drivers by using a system to establish driver credibility.
- The solution used a QR code which could be scanned to view driver details including star rating, reviews and emergency helpline.
- This would help the users take an informed decision before agreeing to travel with the designated driver.
- Our solution was appreciated by all and we came third in this competition.
- The winning team had designed a solution for car-pooling with gamification.
My team TOPM at the designathon